Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! I'm spending the holiday weekend in Kent Narrows, Maryland - crossing my fingers for some sunshine and warm weather. I'm sure I'll have some pictures from the trip to share soon! Every month I like to feature some of my favorite events going on in Pittsburgh. This month I switched it up a bit and did a quick list of 10 fun events that are going on throughout the entire summer. The best part? Most of these events are free and all are under $20! Where will your July plans take you?! I would love to hear about your "must-do" activities this month!
1. Station Square Summer Jam - every Friday throughout the summer - new local and national acts each week!
2. Yoga in the Square - Market Square - every Sunday morning - get your yoga on and then head to one of the nearby downtown restaurants for brunch!
3. Mellow Mondays - Market Square - every Monday from 12 PM - 1 PM. Is there a better way to spend a Monday lunch hour than listening to some live acoustic music in the square?
4. Wednesday Wake Up Paddle - Kayak Pittsburgh North Shore - every Wednesday from 6:15 AM - 7:30 AM. You have to get up early for this one - but what a great way to watch the sun come up! $18 / $12 for members
5. Bike the Burgh Tours - every Thursday from 6 - 8 PM. Learn the history of Pittsburgh in an exciting new way! Tours take place every Thursday and explore a different part of the city. $19
6. Market Square Farmer's Market - every Thursday from 10 AM - 2 PM - local produce, gourmet treats, & free afternoon concerts!
7. Downtown's Best Walking Tour - every Thursday from 10 AM. $18 - $20
8. Cook It! - Children's Museum of Pittsburgh - every Friday at 12:15 PM. Interactive cooking demonstrations that show you how to prepare delicious recipes using ingredients straight from the Museum Garden.
9. U.S. Steel Tower Plaza Summer Concert Series - every Tuesday at 12 PM. New musical acts each week!
10. Dollar Bank Cinema in the Park - various locations & days June 7 - August, 30th. Free movies under the stars!