Welcome to another week friends! Is it just me or has this summer flown by?! Hopefully you already follow Yes, Wear That! on Instagram, but if you don't (or even if you do) I wanted to do a little Instagram Round-Up today to catch you up on some of the things that have been keeping me busy this summer! Enjoy!
1. After doing several romper posts, I officially declared the romper the uniform of Summer 2015. For a full list of all my romper picks, check out my Romper Board on Pinterest!
2. Life can get really busy! Sometimes you have to remind yourself (and maybe force yourself) to slow down and enjoy the simple moments. This past weekend I made sure to leave room for baseball, friends, and ice-cream. Always leave room for ice-cream. I also discovered Lucky Paws Resort this summer. It's a fabulous dog park with a swimming pool just for pups. Manny had such a blast I literally had to drag him out of the pool when it was time to leave!
3. My lovely blogger friend Ashley over at Afternoon Espresso invited me to the Nordstrom Designer Fall Preview event and I can't wait to share some fall trends with you! Get ready for the color wine or "port," classic prints like herringbone and houndstooth, and 70's-inspired fashion! The pic below is some of the pieces that were highlighted during the event.
4. Style was finally brought to the forefront in Pittsburgh when July 28th was officially proclaimed "Stylish Pittsburgh Day" by City Council! How cool is that? A special thank you to Niki of Style Studs and Lace and Tori of Wear Wag Repeat for organizing the event and including me! If you live in Pittsburgh or happen to pass through, be sure to use the hashtag #StylishPittsburgh - keep it going!
5. One of the big goals for Yes, Wear That! is to not only share great fashion, but also share some event industry knowledge and to introduce readers to some fabulous creatives and entrepreneurs! I was so excited to get started on those goals this summer! I shared some great pics from a fabulous wedding I coordinated at the Aviary - here. I had the opportunity to tour the charming and unique event venue, Point Breezeway - here. And finally, I got to talk edible cookie dough and Smores bars with the mastermind behind gourmet cupcake business, Sugar Social - here.
6. I did some strolling through the "City of Bridges" in this great dress perfect for all your summer parties and events! Best of all - the dress is currently on major sale!!
7. I am a sucker for a good old-fashioned inspirational quote and I like sharing some of my faves on Instagram! I also have an entire "Fave Quote" Board on Pinterest. I love this quote below and it's take on the old "believe in yourself" adage. It really resonated with me. I think it's important to remember that no matter what happens to you or around you, you are more than equipped to handle what comes your way. I try to control too many things in my life and at the end of the day there is very little you can control. So even though your feathers may get ruffled and that branch may get shaky from time to time, you are stronger than you know and you are going to be OK.