1. Favorite new podcast! My friend Emily Levenson has partnered with Betsy Brokett to launch a new podcast about finding what nourishes you – mind, body and soul – and I couldn’t be more excited to start listening! If your goals for 2017 include getting healthier or embracing the bigger picture of wellness, their podcast, Nourish + Flourish, is for you. So far, topics include the power of daily routines, movement versus exercise, an introduction to tarot and books that have changed their lives.
All the links you need:
The podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/nourish-+-flourish/id1194201691
The website: nourishandflourish.us
2. Favorite new books to add to my reading list! I've said it a million times, but I am such a nerd when it comes to books and reading. I love diving into a good book, though I must admit I wish I had more time to devote to the hobby. I'll also take a physical paperback book any day over a digital version. Feeling those pages and breathing in the smell (yes books have a smell lol) is half the enjoyment. I recently stumbled onto a post on The Everygirl titled "Inspirational Books That Will Actually Change Your Life." Count me in. I haven't read any on the list, but I'll certainly be adding a few to my Amazon cart this weekend.
3. Favorite thing related to Dogs this week! Yes, I am dog-obsessed. You guys already know that. The lovely people at Puppy Spot recently sent me this flowchart that's aimed at matching you with the perfect dog breed. It's easy to fall in love with any number of puppies, but it's incredibly important that you educate yourself about the various breeds and are prepared for a lifelong commitment. I can't stress this enough. This fun flowchart is a great way to get an idea of what breeds might match your lifestyle. Cheers to finding your perfect furry companion!
4. Favorite Beyonce news of the Week! Beyonce announced she's pregnant with twins...and the world went crazy. She can do no wrong in my mind, but I was quite confused by the announcement photo.
5. Favorite home beauty treatment of the week! I don't know about you, but the cold winter temps do a serious number on my lips. They are so dry and cracked everyday. I've tried all the lip balms and nothing seems to really work, so I headed to Pinterest to look for some home remedies. Now, I'll be honest, I plan on trying this one this weekend, so I can't say with absolute certainty that it works. However, I like that it's natural and simple, so I'm willing to give it a try!
6. Favorite meme of the week (ok, maybe of all time)! I think this is hilarious regardless of who you voted for...though I'm sure not all would agree. But I'm sorry, I literally cannot stop laughing...the caption is priceless.